Wednesday 2 April 2008

Remember me and love me / Na me thimasai kai na m'agapas - Melina Merkouri

In my eyes you can see the star of dawn playing
The sun cleans up the dream of the world
Love is a narrow and deep river
It is tired and goes to sleep

What journey did you start again?
Remember me and love me
Sunrise steals a small kiss from you

My lips burn because of a small bitter kiss
What journey calls you to go far away?
You will go away, stranger, the sails are white
The angel of forgetting is close now

Στα μάτια παίζει τ' άστρο της αυγής
ο ήλιος πλένει τ' όνειρο της γης
πλατύ ποτάμι η αγάπη και βαθύ
κουράστηκε και πάει να κοιμηθεί

Για ποιο ταξίδι κίνησες να πας
να με θυμάσαι και να μ' αγαπάς
σου κλέβει η ανατολή μικρό φιλί

Στα χείλη καίει πικρό μικρό φιλί
ποιο μακρινό ταξίδι σε καλεί
θα φύγεις ξένε, άσπρα τα πανιά
παραμονεύει η λησμονιά

No comments: